[mythtv] UPDATED Multiple sound source, how do you solve it?

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Wed Apr 16 01:05:07 EDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 04:01:02AM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:

> Yes, this works. I have a Hauppauge card with coax, S-Video and composite.
> There is an internal patch cable from the tuner card to AUX on the sound
> card. Cable is attached to the coax input. A digital cable box is
> connected to the S-Video input. Audio from the digital cable box (2 RCA to
> mini-phono jack) is conncted to the line "In" on the tuner card.
>
> When I Watch TV, I get audio and video from the coax. When I press "c", it
> switches to audio and video from the digital cable box (S-Video and RCA
> audio). ALSA capture is always AUX.

My setup is similar, and this reminds me to ask about a curious problem I've
seen occasionally after watching live TV.  The card will seem to get out of
sync with itself, and be passing through audio from the tuner while
displaying video from the S-video input.  If I watch live TV and cycle
through the inputs back to S-video, it clears up and plays audio from the
correct source.  I don't know whether my card (WinTV GO / bt878) is flaky,
or if maybe there's something that we're failing to initialize or reset.

--
 - mdz