[mythtv] installation of perl modules

Greg.Froese at Federated.CA Greg.Froese at Federated.CA
Mon Apr 14 16:21:21 EDT 2003

I'm trying to setup myth in redhat 9.

I had a nice installation on redhat 8.0 but upgrading to 9 blew up
Xwindows irreparably (at least for my knowledge) so here I am again trying
to setup myth from scratch.

the trouble I'm having is i can't seem to get Tk::TableMatrix installed.
I've tried an rpm, doesn't work, says this:
libpt.so.1 is needed by perl-Tk-TableMatrix-1.01-0_4at

not sure what will satisfy that requirement, so I'm stuck there.

I've also tried to update from CPAN and directly from source, both of
these attempts result in what seems to be a broken Makefile which I cannot
use to install.  The parsing is all wrong within the Makefile leaving me
at a standstill.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to get past this hurdle, because we
all know that mythtv is the best thing to happen to TV.

gf