[mythtv] Volume resetting

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Apr 13 12:59:25 EDT 2003

I'd rather that it remembered what volume I had changed to and save that
to the database instead of resetting each time.  I asked before on the
list about this but don't remember getting much of a response.  My TV
remembers what volume I had it set at when I turned it off, so does my
stereo.  Why shouldn't Myth?

> It has been greatly irritating that mythtv resets the volume every time
> you start watching TV. If you are watching TV, leave to go check out
> something else in myth, and come back, it resets the volume. Plus, not
> only does it reset the PCM volume (which you can control), it also
> resets the master volume, which you can't. (or the other way around,
> depending on gContext->GetSetting("MixerControl", "PCM"), which I don't
> recall seeing in the UI, but I may have missed it).
>
> This patch fixes that problem by telling VolumeControl not to set the
> volume to an initial value. I don't see a need to ever set it, but if
> it should be set anywhere, it should be when starting mythfrontend.
>
> RCS file: /var/lib/cvs/MC/libs/libmythtv/tv_play.cpp,v
> retrieving revision 1.43
> diff -r1.43 tv_play.cpp
> 147c147
> <         volumeControl = new VolumeControl(true);
> ---
>  >         volumeControl = new VolumeControl(false);
>

> James

Chris