[mythtv] Volume resetting

James Knight foom at fuhm.net
Sun Apr 13 12:44:18 EDT 2003

It has been greatly irritating that mythtv resets the volume every time
you start watching TV. If you are watching TV, leave to go check out
something else in myth, and come back, it resets the volume. Plus, not
only does it reset the PCM volume (which you can control), it also
resets the master volume, which you can't. (or the other way around,
depending on gContext->GetSetting("MixerControl", "PCM"), which I don't
recall seeing in the UI, but I may have missed it).

This patch fixes that problem by telling VolumeControl not to set the
volume to an initial value. I don't see a need to ever set it, but if
it should be set anywhere, it should be when starting mythfrontend.

RCS file: /var/lib/cvs/MC/libs/libmythtv/tv_play.cpp,v
retrieving revision 1.43
diff -r1.43 tv_play.cpp
147c147
<         volumeControl = new VolumeControl(true);
---
 >         volumeControl = new VolumeControl(false);

James