[mythtv] Mythbackend CVS Coredump

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Sun Apr 13 04:35:31 EDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 04:13:50PM -0500, Brian Foddy wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I guess I need more help understanding gdb on a multi-threaded
> program.  I ran backend from gdb, it kept stopping with signals SIG32, which
> I found out how to stop with 'handle SIG32 noprint', so now it recorded
> several programs, then I got my SEGV, now its in the debugger, but a bt only
> shows:

Sounds like you're running an older gdb which isn't very thread-smart.  You
can tell gdb to let these signals pass without interrupting the debugger
(the 'handle' command) as a workaround, if you aren't having any other
problems with gdb.

> I don't think very helpful.  I'm guessing gdb is pointing at a different
> thread, how do
> I jump to the thread that died?
> I'll leave the gdb open for a while if you can reply quickly...

'info threads' to see the threads, 'thread <n>' to switch to a thread, most
other things work as normal.

If these commands don't work the way you expect, you may need to upgrade
your gdb.

--
 - mdz