[mythtv] Channel changing Bugs...

Chris Palmer mythtv at zencow.com
Sat Apr 12 13:47:47 EDT 2003

Andy Davidoff wrote
> Why don't we rename or at least divorce chanid from its current
> role and use it as the second layer of indirection that the folks
> in Europe have been asking for.  I realize that chanid is currently
> being used in this capacity (sort of) by some people.  I'm suggesting
> that we make this the only behavior world-wide, for consistency and
> simplicity.

Changes of some kind *may* be necessary, or maybe not.  Until
I understand fully the needs of the European users, I can't
agree with any suggestion, nor make any of my own, but I really
want to help on this one.

I really get the impression that the support for European
ordering/naming of channels is kind of a "mostly usable hack"
and not fully "standard" with how people watch TV in Europe.

-Chris