[mythtv] Channel changing Bugs...

Leandro Dardini ldardini at tiscali.it
Sat Apr 12 22:47:24 EDT 2003

Ok, I'll go to explain how our channel system plays.

Our tv boxes have from a minimum of 30 to 99 channel. We refer to them as
channel, but they are slots. Every slot can be associated to a frequency via
a setup menu. So when I press 1 I recall the frequency stored in slot 1.
For example here in Italy we have less than ten national tv station and from
ten to twenty local tv stations.
In every slot is stored, along with the frequency, the finetuning. It is
often necessary to fine tune a station, incrementing its frequency by
decimal to get a good reception.
Usually frequency changes when you move from a city to another city.
Everyone is able to decide his own channel ordering, but usually we use the
same ordering for the national tv stations: RAI1 on the first slot, RAI2 on
the second slot, RAI3 on the third, RETE4 on the fourth... ITALIA1 on the
sixth... TMC on the seven...
This is valid for the stations received by the Antenna.
Then we have the satellite receiver and it plays as your cable tv. Station 1
is the same for all satellite receiver. We haven't cable tv, or better,
there is only one city who has cable tv, Siena. It was an experiment, a
failed experiment. :)

Leandro