[mythtv] Channel changing Bugs...

Andy Davidoff dert at pobox.com
Sat Apr 12 16:16:19 EDT 2003

This is the original problem, AFAICT from the month or two I've been
following/working-on tuning.

Why don't we rename or at least divorce chanid from its current
role and use it as the second layer of indirection that the folks
in Europe have been asking for.  I realize that chanid is currently
being used in this capacity (sort of) by some people.  I'm suggesting
that we make this the only behavior world-wide, for consistency and
simplicity.

We'll sort on chanid and take inputs from the remote against the
values of that column.  For N. America, this means chanid == channum
by default.  For Europe, chanid == sort-order-of-channels.  The chanid
values would be arbitrary, so everyone could renumber them to values
that are more familiar or easier to input via remote.

It seems to me that this simplifies the code and gives everyone new
functionality without breaking anything.

On Apr 12, at 17:50, Leandro Dardini encoded a 1.0K recording: