[mythtv] System-wakeup

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Sat Apr 12 12:53:32 EDT 2003

Christian Hoenig wrote:

>Do we now wakeup the backend, the mysqlserver (or both if they
>are diff'rent machines) ?

My thinking, because you aske for feedback :-):
I guess you have to first wake up the mysql server (that's what
mythfrontend contacts first, right?) and then the mythbackend server,
basically everything you want to contact. The problem is that it takes
very long (up to 1-2 minutes for the server to start), so I guess you
should add a few preferences which servers can and should be woken up at
all and maybe even how (an external program - maybe I have some freaky
home-brewn system or an APC or whatever that can switch the power on and
off). You then first try to contact them, and if that fails, you try to
wake them up. I guess you'd need UI feedback for that, given how long it
takes.