[mythtv] NEW MythPlugin functionality (PATCH)

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sat Apr 12 08:32:58 EDT 2003

> Van: Joseph A. Caputo <jcaputo1 at comcast.net>
>
> To the end user, all the screens in Myth should appear to come up
> in a similar amount of time, regardless of whether something is an
external
> module or not.

Uhm, just my two cents. MythMusic is now a purely frontend-sided app, isn't
it? Then why not move the playlist funtionality to the backend? The backend
is supposed to be "a beast", you could always configure a X amounth of
(extra) swap so Linux can eventually swap out the music database. I know,
that would more or less defeat the instant load from RAM thing.

How much latency would be involved in sending over the strings from the
playlist to the frontend? You could even put in some caching (in amounth of
ko/mo) in the frontend.

Oh yes, and I guess you'll need a more or less 'flat' network, so every
frontend can connect to all the network shares used for music storage. But
then on the other side you will have global playlists and such.

	Henk Poley <><