[mythtv] wintv pvr 250/350 driver

kevin thayer nufan_wfk at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 11 09:58:01 EDT 2003

thayer wrote:
> > Difference between which 2 cards?
>
> Um, the 250 and the 350?  :-)

> The 350 contains an mpeg decoder as well as an
> encoder.

Actually, the 350 has an FM tuner, and video output
connectors. Some 250's (we call them rev-1) have a
decoder chip, but no way to ouput the video. We're
going to see if it's possible to make them into
hardware decoders that decode to memory or possibly
overlay. some 250's only have an encoder chip (we call
those rev-2)

Additionally, the (250)cards seem to cost ~$150 us.
Not dirt-cheap. I only have one card, and i'm quite
sure multiple cards won't work with the current
driver. It shouldn't be too much work to get support
going, but i'll need a card first (someone wanna send
me a 350? :)

-tmk