[mythtv] NEW MythPlugin functionality (PATCH)

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Fri Apr 11 02:02:33 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:

>Is the startup time of mythmusic still that much of an issue, what with all  the recent improvements Thor's made to it?

Yes. Given this post, I just tried out the most recent cvs and it still
needs ~1 minute to start (during which time MythTV looks frozen, BTW).

~21000 songs
Athlon 1400Mhz
1 GB RAM
7200 U/min HD

>And, with large music collections, I wouldn't think you would want to keep all that metadata in ram at all times..

True.
NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  Command
9   0 39228  38m 8188 S  0.0  3.8   0:53.21 mythmusic

Ben