[mythtv] Can I have 0.8 *and* CVS installed and working at the sametime?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 9 18:21:12 EDT 2003

Check out GNU Stow:

http://www.gnu.org/software/stow/stow.html

I use this to keep multiple copies of Myth around, so I can easily back up
when I want.  Just change the PREFIX in settings.pro when you build.  I have
0.8 installed in /usr/local/stow/mythtv-0.8, and another version in (say)
/usr/local/stow/mythtv-20030409cvs.  All I have to do to switch is:

cd /usr/local/stow ; stow -D mythtv-0.8 ; stow mythtv-20030409cvs

This replaces my working 0.8 with today's CVS.  To go back, I simply

cd /usr/local/stow ; stow -D mythtv-20030409cvs ; stow mythtv-0.8

I love it!

-Joe C.