Previous Channel Functionality was Re: [mythtv] Channel changing Bugs...

Tue Apr 8 16:44:49 EDT 2003

I assume that they mean the key between the arrow keys on the remote control?  ie probably "space" in myth, although "enter" seems to do the same thing in most cases...

I don't think that enter does anything at the moment while watching tv, any reason to add a new key?

Looks like an interesting modification.  Good luck

-----Original Message-----
From: DanM [mailto:dan at milkcarton.com]
Sent: 08 April 2003 15:36
To: Development of mythtv
Subject: Previous Channel Functionality was Re: [mythtv] Channel changing Bugs...

Their really isn't a "Enter" key in myth.  There is a select key, but thats used.  We talked about it on the channel a bit last night and here's what we came up with:

Key: H
Functionality: As user changes channels, build a sort of "Channel History" (Think browser back button like).  When the user hits the H key once, go back to the previous channel.  When the user hits the H key twice in quick succession (I think I'll set key spacing to require < .75 seconds between hits) go to the second channel back.

What are everyone else's thoughts on this?  Do people want it like this, or just the simple press H and it swaps channels?

Isaac, is key "H" being planned for anything else?  Would you prefer I use a different key?

I'll start coding this up tonight if people want this.

-dan

Edward Wildgoose wrote:

I don't have a TiVo, but I notice that they have a "press enter to go back to the previous channel" function. (according to their website)