Previous Channel Functionality was Re: [mythtv] Channel changing Bugs...

DanM dan at milkcarton.com
Tue Apr 8 07:36:02 EDT 2003

Their really isn't a "Enter" key in myth.  There is a select key, but
thats used.  We talked about it on the channel a bit last night and
here's what we came up with:

Key: H
Functionality: As user changes channels, build a sort of "Channel
History" (Think browser back button like).  When the user hits the H key
once, go back to the previous channel.  When the user hits the H key
twice in quick succession (I think I'll set key spacing to require < .75
seconds between hits) go to the second channel back.

What are everyone else's thoughts on this?  Do people want it like this,
or just the simple press H and it swaps channels?

Isaac, is key "H" being planned for anything else?  Would you prefer I
use a different key?

I'll start coding this up tonight if people want this.

-dan