[mythtv] GUI setup (mythmusic & others)

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 7 13:14:35 EDT 2003

Hmmm.... well, sort of.  It seems to be halfway there.  My scheme would take
the existing GUI setup framework and wrap it in a sort of automation layer.
Right now, every module that wants to do GUI setup has to have its own code
to subclass the appropriate GUI setup widgets and add them to a MythWizard
object.  My thinking is to have a library function to dynamically define
those obejcts at runtime, based on simple configuration information supplied
by the module, either as an object or via an XML configuration file,
depending on how we choose to implement the automation layer.  This way,
adding GUI setup to any module would not involve coding any new classes; you
would simply preset a structure array or write an XML file describing your
configuration options.

-Joe C.