[mythtv] Debian release policy

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Mon Apr 7 11:13:05 EDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 12:29:05PM +0200, Henrik Lewander wrote:

> I was just wondering what kind of release policy is used for the debian
> packages of mythtv? I can see we are up to 0.8-10 now, is it only package
> bug fixes or are bug fixes in CVS also included? (I use the unstable
> branch). I think Matt is doing a very good job with these packages! Debian
> packages are a great way to go if you ask me, easy install. Of course, I
> would wish for a latest-CVS package but that is maybe to much work/to hard
> to automate.

I have no official policy for these packages, but so far I have only
included non-packaging changes which prevented the packages from installing
and having basic functionality (mostly having to do with backend startup).

Now that I think things have stabilized, there will probably only be
packaging fixes until the next MythTV release.  I do not plan to attempt to
track new features or bugfixes from CVS in these packages.  The basic idea
is to provide something which integrates nicely with a Debian system, and
that requires a stable base to work from.

Isaac has also expressed a preference that there not be binary distributions
of CVS code for other reasons, and those are sane as well.

--
 - mdz