[mythtv] mythmusic patch - trivial

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Mon Apr 7 10:56:55 EDT 2003

On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 09:12:31PM -0700, Brent Hills wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 19:58, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>
> > Ahh, now I see.  In that case, how about this (untested):
>
> That looks like the routine I was avoiding writing :-).
>
> Actually, I considered this originally but I thought it was easier to
> just zero pad the column.
>
> Do you want me to avoid zero padding the column?
>
> If you prefer this solution I will thoroughly test your patch and
> re-update.

It seems like if you want a numeric sort, you should implement a numeric
sort, rather than changing the number into a string which sorts in something
like numeric order.  Sorting of strings is locale-dependent and otherwise
fickle, and so I expect it will be more fragile than a numeric sort.

> Thanks for taking the time to send me some code.  Let me know if you want
> me to back out the zero padding and test the method you sent.

If you have a moment to test it, that would be great.  Otherwise, I'll
probably get around to it eventually.

--
 - mdz