[mythtv] mplayer + nuv/(mpeg4|rtjpeg) patch

Leandro Dardini ldardini at tiscali.it
Sat Apr 5 23:03:01 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carlos Talbot" <carlos at talbot.net>
To: "Development of mythtv" <mythtv-dev at snowman.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2003 10:06 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv] mplayer + nuv/(mpeg4|rtjpeg) patch

> Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>
> I've been experiencing mencoder segfaults with both Matt and Andrew's
> patches. It's odd but it only occurs with certain .nuv files. I can't
> determine the underlying variable; whether it's a recent cvs version,
> video resolution, or audio rate. I'm using the most recent version of
> Myth cvs. I just downloaded mplayer rc5, patched it with Matt's new
> patch and ran mencoder with the following options through gdb below.
> Notice that the len variable is set to 972138444 which might indicate
> bad parsing of the .nuv file.

I do a lots of testing, and the segfaults seem to happen when the video
quality is very bad. With quality I mean the quality of the channel received
by the antenna. If I encode a nuv in avi and the quality is good, I can
encode with mencoder and play it in windows. When the quality is poor, I can
encode it with mencoder, but it segfaults either mplayer and windows media
player. When the quality is very bad, mencoder segfaults...

Leandro