[mythtv] RFC: Dealing with overlapping video-sources/channels

Michael Kedl kedlm at knology.net
Thu Apr 3 16:22:01 EST 2003

Well, I can say I want to do the exact same thing you do and have been
putting it off.

I have the 2nd tuner card (one for tuner and one for svideo) and the
cable spicket and wondered about exactly this issue.

I'll try to think about it some and make some useful comments later; but
my gut feeling is you will need the detailed mapping to make things work
for everyone.  For instance off air tuners can pick up maybe 10 channels
around here, all on the cable except one.  And of course the numbers are
totally different.   And the HDTV guys (when they get it working) will
want to make those channels in as "preferred" instead of off cable.

I'm not quite sure how to tie that all in with the EPG yet either.  I
haven't tried setting up two different sources for channels.

Cheers,
Mike

--
Michael Kedl <kedlm at knology.net>