[mythtv] Configuration files

Tony Clark tclark at telia.com
Thu Apr 3 17:00:24 EST 2003

On Thursday 03 April 2003 16.31, Brian A. Vance wrote:
> I'm still don't understand why the mysql.txt can't be sucked into the
> setup, eliminating the need for the file all together.
>
> The first screen that comes up during setup would be a question asking
> about the location/login for the mysql database.  User could enter the
> info, a connection would be attempted, and poof, you're on to the
> setup.  If you failed to login, alert the user and try again.  After a
> successfull connection, mysql info could be written to a local file for
> later retrieval.

I don't think setup will run if it doesn't know where mysql is.  Setup data in
general is stored in the database.  Don't forget not all backends are local
to the mysql server.  But you could do something like that I suppose.
Probabley have to modify mythfilldatabase as well.

tony

--
Contract ASIC and FPGA design.
Telephone