[mythtv] manual recording (much better)

Thu Apr 3 09:29:11 EST 2003

> > What I would think would work well, is when watching mythtv you just
> > press R and the manual recording screen would open similar to the way
> > the alt epg works.
>
> Right now, R in the EPG is a shortcut for single record and
> my fingers think that should be true in LiveTV also.

It might be possible to overload the "r" key.  For example press "R" once for single record based on time, then keep tapping "r" to toggle through manual record (30mins, 60 mins, 90 mins, etc).

My video recorder working in a similar way to this with an instant record button so that you don't need to do a full setup with dates and times.