[mythtv] A few experiences building MythTV

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:16:36 -0400

On Sunday 15 September 2002 07:03 am, Jens Lohmann-Hansen wrote:
> There's no explanation of what the produced binaries do; I figure mythtv is
> the "core" application, and mythfrontend is the nice menu around it
> (pretty, btw.). What about the rest?

Don't think I answered this..

mythfrontend -- main program, contains the scheduler, handles playing, etc.

mythtv -- small wrapper around the TV class, only does live-tv.
mythepg -- small wrapper program around the program guide
mythdialog -- small program to just pop up a dialog box
mythfilldatabase -- fills the database =)
menutest (not installed, in the menutest subdir) -- a little program for
		displaying the menu files.

mythepg and mythdialog are execed in a few places by the TV class.. They're
basically leftover from when I was keeping Qt code out of the video stuff.
mythtv is good for just watching tv, if you don't want the other stuff
running..

Isaac