[mythtv] MythTV Not Displaying

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:04:17 -0400

On Friday 13 September 2002 08:20 pm, Matt Bowman wrote:
> Ok I have this app running on another machine ( LOVE
> IT!! ), however I seem to be having some issues with
> this one.
>
> Everything went great on the install. I have the EPG
> data in MySql and the frontend/epg runs fine.
>
> The trouble starts when I try to test the TV
> application. I get to the point where it says
> "Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV" and it just
> sits there. I have to kill the process to get back to
> the shell. (I am logged in as root). xawtv works fine.
>
> I am running a Matrox G400 video card. I am not using
> FrameBuffering. My settings in the settings file look
> right also.

Might be hanging on trying to open the sound card -- I posted instructions on
how to compile it for debugging and run it in gdb a few days back.  If you
run it in gdb and hit ctl-c when it seems to have hung, type 'bt' to get a
backtrace, and send me that, I'll be able to tell you more.

If it _is_ the soundcard, might want to look into using alsa if you're not
already, or something else might be hogging the dsp device (esd, arts, etc).

Isaac