[mythtv] Up and running; notes, tv-out, projects, etc...

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 16:56:07 -0400

On Tuesday 03 September 2002 02:51 pm, Grant Taylor wrote:
> > Yeah, they probably should be.  Might break the epg, though, since
> > that's all "hand" drawn.
>
> I made those bigger and it appears to "just work".  They wrap within
> the boxes and truncate and all that...
>
> Oddly, one guide is now big (the "select stuff to record" one) and the
> other (under live tv) isn't.  Maybe it's a scaling thing again,
> although the epg isn't transparent, so I don't see why it would be
> drawn at video resolution...

Probably need to make sure that the mythepg program gets updated in
/usr/local/bin with the new code..  The TV player just execs that, instead of
having the program guide built in like the frontend.

> >>  - Similarly, the "preview" window in the "watch recordings" listing
> >
> > Easy to modify.  Making it bigger might take more CPU time, though,
> > what with the video playing through Qt and all.
>
> Oh, I thought it was just a green square with an overlay from a player
> thread.

Nope, it's just using the picture-in-picture code to expose the output
buffers, so Qt's just grabbing those and scaling the image down itself.

Also, could you subscribe to the list so I don't have to manually approve your
posts?

Isaac