[mythtv] Thoughts on encoder farms / distributed capturing and viewing

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:16:58 -0800

On 30 Oct 2002 at 14:51, Robert Middleswarth wrote:

> Proble no possible as that would require alot of bandwidth on you local
> network I not sure most nic card could handle that much data you would
> have to create some form of mess network were you have 2 or 3 Nic in
> each machine to send thought all that data.  Also there would be alot of
Sure, that's kinda what firehose is for, team it with some gigabit nics over
cat5e and it would probably be usable.

http://www.heroinewarrior.com/firehose.php3

--
Harondel J. Sibble