[mythtv] Hauppage remotes

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:43:47 -0500

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 11:33:28PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:

> Well, all the TV controls are all in libs/libmythtv/tv.cpp:ProcessKeypress(),
> the program guide keys are in libs/libmyth/guidegrid.cpp, near the top, the
> menu keys are in libs/libmyth/themedmenu.cpp, near the bottom..  I'm _fairly_
> sure everything else is just arrows and space/enter to select and escape to
> exit.

Speaking of space/enter...is there some reason those two can't be condensed
into one binding?  It's confusing to remember which is used where, and most
remote controls don't have an intuitive button to bind to it (I use 'f' for
space, and the 'ok' button for enter currently).

> But, anyway, a totally defined set of actions would be nice, along with
> default keybindings... like currently, the seek and channel change buttons
> are really just the same as the arrow keys, and that's probably not the best
> way to do things.  For instance, in mythmusic's playing interface, the arrows
> can move around the selections, but it'd be nice to have keys bound to all
> the major actions (play/pause/ff/rew, channel keys for previous and next
> track, etc) as well...  I dunno what I want, really, I'm just babbling =)

Sounds like a perfect application for the XF86Audio* keysyms...I think you
said they would be in a future Qt release.  Was that the one which just came
out?

--
 - mdz