[mythtv] Having a few problems :(

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 01:33:44 -0500

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 08:04 pm, Martyn Weber wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 October 2002 16:42, Isaac wrote:
> > It doesn't exactly scan for channels, it just uses that as a guide.  Most
> > likely, your database isn't setup quite right.  You need a valid
> > cardinput entry that links a capturecard entry and a videosource entry
> > and the proper input you're using on the capture card together, else
> > things break.  The last set of questions that setup asked should've set
> > that up for you.
>
> Ok, I've found out what the problem is/was.... In the channel table, the
> channum field was set to chann for the Channel 4 and Channel 5 entries and
> other shortened text strings for the others. Changing these to the actual
> channel numbers has fixed it. Here is the record for one of the channels.

<snip>
> Is this parculiar to the uk xmltv grab or am I doing something wrong.

You most likely didn't run 'mythfilldatabase --manual' on the initial run,
which would've prompted you for channel numbers, I believe.

> Also does anyone know what I need to add to theme.txt or settings.txt to
> get the fancy OSD themes. The epg display is using blue, but the OSD still
> shows the default display.

Not sure -- it either can't find the 'defaultosd' theme, or can't load it for
some reason..  If you update to current CVS, it should be a little more
verbose about that aspect of things.

Isaac