[mythtv] Audio (maybe video) problems (xawtv works)

Brian Lund Larsen mythtv-dev@snowman.net
29 Oct 2002 09:21:42 +0100

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 07:56, Nathan Lee wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Does anyone know why this would be happening? I alsa working in kde,
> xwatv works with sound. But when I start mythtv after I run setup I get
> these errors.
>
> Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
> Cannot open DSP '', dying.
> Could not detect audio blocksize
> Cannot open DSP '', exitingCan't open video device:
> open video:: No such file or directory
> VIDIOCSAUDIO: Bad file descriptor
>
> I have video setup up on /dev/v4l/video0
> And sound on /dev/sound/dsp

I also use gentoo, you should be sure that your user is a member of the
audio group, so that you have permission to write to the audio device,
else it should be fine, I use /dev/dsp which is just a symlink to the
device you specified.

Have you enabled capture on the line port? (use e.g. alsamixer and press
spacebar on the port).

// brian