[mythtv] Audio (maybe video) problems (xawtv works)

Nathan Lee mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 23:56:51 -0700

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know why this would be happening? I alsa working in kde,
xwatv works with sound. But when I start mythtv after I run setup I get
these errors.

Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
Cannot open DSP '', dying.
Could not detect audio blocksize
Cannot open DSP '', exitingCan't open video device:
open video:: No such file or directory
VIDIOCSAUDIO: Bad file descriptor

I have video setup up on /dev/v4l/video0
And sound on /dev/sound/dsp

I can cat a file to /dev/sound/dsp and stuff comes out.

I am running Gentoo Linux 1.4 with devfs, I have read a few posts and
have seen some problems with it. But I thought they were resolved.

Audio and Video under linux is new to me, can someone help me out.

Also, when mythfilldatabase runs nothing seems to happen, there are no
tables in the database. Does mythtv populate the schema?

Thanks a lot guys.