[mythtv] New Mythtv user with Matrox Marvel G200TV (Resend)

Ray mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:05:09 -0700

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 10:39:46AM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Sunday 27 October 2002 06:53 pm, Ray wrote:
> > That fixed it.  I can now tune my dss tuner to any channel except the
> > "local" channels (upper 800s) but that's an XMLTV issue or a problem with
> > the data source.  I did run into 2 new issues however (actually 1 new and 1
> > old that I had forgotten about).
> >
> > 1.  The cvs version exits with the error "Illegal Instruction" if I have
> > deinterlacing turned on in the settings.txt.
>
> Your cpu doesn't do MMX2.  You'll need to either disable deinterlacing, or
> edit filters/linearblend/filter_linearblend.c and add a #undef MMX at the top
> of it.

Ok, I take it this is something that changed since the last release?

> > I'm planning on taking a shot at it but I'm not much of a programmer aside
> > from the occasional script.  I've also mentioned MythTV on the marvel-linux
> > and mjpeg-user mail lists so maybe someone there will take an interest.
> > One of the folks on the marvel list has a patched version of ffmpeg that
> > uses the Marvel's mjpeg hardware so maybe a look at his changes would help.
>
> It'd be easier if someone who had the hardware did the changes.

Agreed, I meant that as "maybe a look at his changes would help ME".  That
said, I do have a spare Marvel G200TV complete with breakout box and cables
that you could have if you would be willing to add support for it's hardware
compression and at least try to add support for it's native TV out.

--
Ray