[mythtv] WinTV Stereo--Recommended?

Jeremy Oddo mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 12:39:49 -0800 (PST)

> I have a WinTV Go, which is a step down from the Stereo.. I suspect the
> only true difference between the two is the mono/stereo, to be honest,
> which is why I got it (my sound comes in through my sound card from an
> external tuner, so it remains stereo)..
>
> So, what do I think? The WinTV Go is amazing.. If I run xawtv, and am
> outputting through my nvidia at 640x480 to my TV

DOH!  Sure I'm a bit daft with this TV capture stuff, but I thought that
the WinTV had an "out to the TV".  I guess the card only has an IN for
capturing, and then you need to go OUT via your graphics card.  Is this
correct?  That said, I'll have to get a new mobo as I don't have an AGP
slot.  Grrr.  That just means I have to throw down more cash to test this
bugger out!

Yet another stumbling block.  Back to the drawing board to try and justify
another purchase ;)

Thanks,
Jeremy