[mythtv] New Mythtv user with Matrox Marvel G200TV

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 15:21:42 -0400

On Sunday 27 October 2002 12:56 pm, Ray wrote:
> Thanks, that seems to work mostly.  For some reason it only calls my
> external command in S-Video & Television mode but not composite, no big
> deal for me and probably easy to track down.

If you could try using current CVS, and see if that works, that'd be cool.

> > Apparently someone has discovered some issues regarding tuning high
> > channel numbers with it, however (>125?)... and has throw together a
> > little blurb about the options to 'fix' it.
>
> Yep, using his modified frequencies.c seems to take care of that.  I just
> now noticed that Xmltv doesn't seem to be getting my local channel (the
> 800s) info.

Yeah, as tarek said, this shouldn't be necessary with current CVS anymore.

> Sure, I'm using a modified version of the script found at
> http://www.hitchhiker.org/dss/ to change chanels on my RCA dss receiver.
> I'm not a perl hacker but I managed to chop off the interactive bits of
> that script and it does manage to change channels and exit as it should.
> Mythtv is such a nice piece of software I'm inclined to stick with it and
> try to modify the bits that I can to work better with my Marvel.  The
> capture quality of the Marvel with it's hardware mjpeg really is great and
> most fixes for it would apply to other Zoran based capture cards as well
> (Iomega Buz, DC10 etc.).

It really shouldn't be all that difficult to modify things to use the hardware
compression.  The API for that is really similar to what's going on with the
current video capture, so at least it _should_ be fairly simple.

Isaac