[mythtv] problems with installing xmltv

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 09:39:01 -0700

On Saturday 26 October 2002 09:36 am, you wrote:

> 1) It's missing Tk.. so try to do a CPAN install on Tk alone (not
> Tk:Tableblahblah)

Nope. Tk is installed and up to date

cpan> install Tk
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
  Database was generated on Sat, 26 Oct 2002 02:52:27 GMT
Tk is up to date.

> 2) basically, the command being passed to CPAN isn't being properly
> understood.. The way to sort this out is to directly specify the install..
> I don't actually remember how this was done.. If you can't find the exact
> context, let me know and I'll dig it out for you.. basically, the command
> to use should replace the regular "install Tk::TableMatrix" with something
> like "install("Tk::TableMatrix")"
Nope, that doesn't work either

cpan> install ("Tk::TableMatrix")
Warning: Cannot install (Tk::TableMatrix), don't know what it is.
Try the command

    i /(Tk::TableMatrix)/

to find objects with matching identifiers.

The orginal command does cause it to be downloaded and compilation to start,
it just craps out in the make step looking for libpt, which from a google
search appears to be a debian-ism.

Anyhow, going here shows it to be part of PWlib,

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libs/libpt-1.3.3.html

once I installed the devel version of that, it compiles fine.

Hmm., next problem:

Recommended module Lingua::EN::Numbers::Ordinate seems not to be installed.
Recommended module Lingua::Preferred seems not to be installed.
Recommended module Memoize seems not to be installed.
Recommended module Term::ProgressBar seems not to be installed.
Recommended module Unicode::String seems not to be installed.
Checking if your kit is complete...
Warning: the following files are missing in your kit:
        t/data/tv_extractinfo_en_clump_extract_1_xml.expected
Please inform the author.
Writing Makefile for XMLTV

Should I be concerned or is this a spurious error?