[mythtv] Ramblings on the 128 Channels and Satellite

tarek Lubani mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:03:13 -0400

1) I would *love* to get a copy of your settings.txt.. I have been looking
at the us-cable and such, but haven't figured it out.. If what you are
saying is true, then the composite1:xxx functionality is pretty much done!!

2) I've seen this really cool functionality that i think means that mythtv
*does* change the channel. check this out:

Insert the following line into "settings.txt"
str ExternalChannelCommand=echo

What is cool about this? Every time you change the channel, the channel
number "echos" where it didn't before!! So, let's say you want to transmit
a "change the channel, dummy!" to your receiver, this command seems to be
the key!!!

I'll keep you guys posted on my trials and tribulations out here! ; )

tarek : )