[mythtv] minimum required horsepower?

Grant Taylor mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:42:02 -0400

> On Thursday 17 October 2002 09:48 am, John Tapper wrote:

>> Is there a way to completely disable the live capturing of the tv
>> stream and simply watch television normally?

> There's no way to do that with the current setup.  Someone could add
> it, if they so desired. but it'd require a little reworking of the
> some things.

You could make the watch tv menu button exec xawtv in fullscreen mode.
The remote keys would probably even "just work".  Myth would probably
need a "video source in use by external program" flag keyed from an
xml attribute on the exec tag, but even without it ought to be close.

Unrelated question - was there a bug fixed in the past week or to
whereby watching until a recording actually ended caused myth to
crash?  I've got this behavior now.

My snap is from just after "Grants high load/double playback fix" or
whatever that comment is, and I don't see any fatal crash fixes since
then in the commit list...

--
Grant Taylor - gtaylor@picante.com - http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/
    Linux Printing Website and HOWTO:  http://www.linuxprinting.org/