[mythtv] Condition found where user interface can hang up

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 03:52:25 -0400

On Monday 14 October 2002 12:45 pm, Andrew M. Bishop wrote:
> I have found a condition where the user interface can hang up.  If you
> create a zero length file from recording a program and then go to the
> "play" or "delete" dialog boxes then the user interface will hang up
> while trying to show the preview.  It seemed to be permanent, none of
> the keys (on the remote control) did anything.
>
> I solved the problem by deleting the file, then it didn't hang up and
> I could delete the entry from the dialog box.

The hang's fixed now..  Infinite loop in the player class, didn't check for a
bad read in one place.

> If you want to know how to create a zero length file then just let the
> disk fill up.  A new file was created, but it never got filled in.

I need to handle the full-disk situation better someday..

> On the same subject the "delete" dialog box will hang up for a few
> seconds when deleting a large recording file.  Could this be done in a
> separate thread to make it look better.

Sure could.  I'll do that next time I need to delete something.

Isaac