[mythtv] running setup, could not open /dev/video

John Tapper mythtv-dev@snowman.net
15 Oct 2002 19:16:12 -0500

not sure what I am missing here, but when I run setup, I go through all
the channel selection and then I get the following:

configuration step complete, let the games begin !

Now, let's connect channel sources to inputs on the capture cards.

Couldn't open /dev/video to probe its inputs.

Now, please run mythfilldatabase to populate the database with info.

I thought I figured this out when I installed 0.5, but now I'm not sure
what to do.

xawtv works fine
using hauppauge wintv

i will hopefully be upgrading my bttv driver to the 0.8 series shortly,
is that part of the problem?