[mythtv] Database question/problem

mythtv-dev@snowman.net mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:29:16 -0400

OK,  Here is what I found last night.

1) I could not change channels because of a problem with my sound card.
The NuppelVideoPlayer::GetPause was never returning correctly, therefore libs/libmythtv/tv.cpp:TV::ChangeChannel (around line 1380) was getting stuck in the while loop.
I hardcoded the value of disableaudio to true in NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp and
I can change channels (without audio).  I'll work on the live audio later.
 I am really interested in recording for now anyway.

Just a thought.  Do I need two sound cards to watch live TV?  One to do
the recording and one to play back?

2) Once I was able to change channels I can see that the program guide and
channel number on the screen were as expected, for example if I manually
change to channel 21 I get the program information for channel 21 and 21
shows in the upper right hand corner of the screen, but it tunes to
channel 20.  My quick fix was to change a line in
libs/libmythtv/channel.cpp:Channel::SetChannel (line 165) adding one to
the index.

        int frequency = curList[i].freq * 16 / 1000 + finetune;

was changed to

        int frequency = curList[i+1].freq * 16 / 1000 + finetune;

This is the only pace where I needed to add one to the index.  Am I using
the wrong frequency table? I verified that curList is set to ntsc_cable in
Channel::SetFrequencyTable.

With the mod to SetChannel it records the correct channel and the program
guide displays the correct information for the channel being
watched/recorded.

John

Isaac Richards <ijr@po.cwru.edu>
Sent by: mythtv-dev-admin@snowman.net