[mythtv] via epia M mpeg driver (was more newbie impressions)

Larry Matter mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 20:51:19 -0800 (PST)

I downloaded the Linux video driver for this motherboard from via.  In the
tar file was a file called libddmpeg.so (and .a).  I'm hoping this is a
driver for the mpeg decoder, but I haven't been able to get any
information on it (yet).  And I can't try it since I don't own the mobo yet,
but hopefully Santa will bring me one :-)

I think this mobo is begging for an application like this; I really want
to get something working on it.  The company is boasting "fully compatible
with Linux"; Let's hope they mean it.

Larry