[mythtv] OT: Wireless Network Connections

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:31:52 -0800

On 29 Nov 2002 at 11:13, Jeremy Oddo wrote:

> OK, this is pretty off topic, BUT I think that many people would like to
> connect their MythTV STB to the Internet via a wireless connection.  My
> router is FAR away from my cable connection, and my house isn't very
> friend to stringing cables under the house...I'm sure others are in the
> same boat.

Use phone line networking, gives you 10mb/s and IIRC they have 100mb/s.
Wireless is usually about 2-6mb/s in real world use.  It will share the same
phone line(s) you  use for dsl so no issues there.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting