[mythtv] mythmusic/cdparanoia question (a little OT).

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 19:10:20 -0500

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 06:41:58PM +0000, Christian Morant wrote:

> I'm working on the ripping/encoding at the same time (and also adding cddb
> info in the tables as well as other music refinments) but I would like to
> know if you too have a cpu usage of 60 to 90 % while ripping an audio cd.

Welcome to the craptastic world of IDE.  I have a 40x IDE CD-ROM and a 32X
SCSI CD-RW in this machine.  While the IDE drive does CDDA slightly faster,
it uses about 1000% more CPU than the SCSI drive.

--
 - mdz