[mythtv] Tekram IR-mate 210

Carlos Talbot mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 15:44:55 -0600

>> i don't have an actisys device and i haven't followed your
conversation
>> really close, but i don't understand why you think that you need two
of
>> these devices, isn't it possible to send and receive at the same time
>> with just one of them? or have i completely misunderstood what you
>> problem is all about?
>>
>Well, the reason we were talking about TWO devices is because the
>transmitter has to point at my cable box (facing away from me) while
the
>receiver needs to point towards me.  Guess I can point it perpendicular
>me (facing the wall to me left) and bounce the signals off the wall ;)
Guess what?

I just did a test with the Actysis 200 acting as an IR receiver. Using
lirc's irw command I can receive codes from my a/v remotes - but the
distance is limited to less than 4 feet! Even using my Philips pronto
which has a strong IR signal I could not receive any codes once I passed
the 4 foot limit. This might limit your options for using this device to
receive a/v codes from a couch 8-10 feet away.

Carlos