[mythtv] (no subject)

mythtv-dev@snowman.net mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:58:49 +1300 (NZDT)

Keeping Athlons quiet is an issue, but there are a few options, try
http://www.quietpc.com Zalman CNPS6000-Cu for up to an XP 2000+, it has a
92mm fan spinning at 1800RPM ( I think ), with the fan not sitting on the
heatsink, and sorta suspended above it

Also, case fans can be replaced with these type - The Vantec Stealth Fans,
keeping in mind the slower the fan spins, the quieter its going to be, so
get a 92mm one ;)
http://www.overclockersonline.com/index.php?page=articles&num=131

For sound dampening stuff, the local hardware store has some materials,
get the dense closed cell foam, it works quite well, evidently, or go to a
local audio hifi shop and see what they recommend for quieting equipment.

Seagate hard disk drives with the fluid bearings are seriously quiet, I
have 4x80 gigs sitting beside me, and then noise of the case fans drowns
them out, even with my ear next to them.

My thoughts anyway, YMMV ;)

Enjoy

David