[mythtv] Hardware advice (Via Eden Board) / Video Card.

Mark Musone mythtv-dev@snowman.net
25 Nov 2002 18:02:34 -0500

I had horrible issues with fan noise on my machine...yea, you can get
quieter fans, but then theres the hard drive noise..EXPECIALLY if you're
talking about streaming the video to/from disk..What i did was simply
put my computer in my attic, and use an NTSC modulator for about $75 to
modulate it to a cable channel...the added benefit is that i can watch
it on ANY TV in my house! (i also have the s-video and line-out cables
running down through the wall for better quality..

the modulated NTSC signal is actually REAL nice and clean..i'd say it's
even better that hooking it up directly to your TV. This is because i
only need a very small rca connector to plug into the modulator..

hope this helps..

-Mark