[mythtv] direct rendering patch ; garbled OSD

John Coiner mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 01:41:34 -0500

I just updated from CVS for the first time in a week. The patch to use
direct rendering is GREAT -- where I previously had 5% free CPU, there
is now 25% free. Woohoo!

There is this one problem: the OSD sometimes becomes garbled after it is
there for a second or two. And sometimes, the presence of the OSD causes
the picture behind it to become garbled with artifacts that look like
morphed versions of the OSD. And sometimes, it works fine. This is under
mpeg4.

My first guess it that this is related to the reduction in memcpys, that
the OSD can now scribble on a frame that the avcodec is still using to
compute new frames.

Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone already know why this is happening?

-- john