[mythtv] Re: Xv support

Jason mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:06:12 -0500

I had a Diamond Viper V770 (AGP).  I was SOL.  The card was good for me
on most apps but there were always small incompatabilities, even in
windows.  I tried the latest NVidia drivers to no avail.  Since
DiamondMM is gone so it is really difficult to get support for this
card.   So I bit the bullet and bought a MSI Geforce 4MX 440 with video
in and out.   I'm not using the video in just yet; I'm still using my
hauppauge winTV, but overall the card has behaved with the NVidia drivers.

In general, from what I've read in this group, a cheap NVidia Geforce
generallly works well.  You can also visit
http://www.xfree86.org/current/Status.html or
http://www.xfree86.org/cardlist.html to check your card per Xfree86.
 Other than that, buy your new card at a place with a generous return
policy. ;)

Check the online myth-tv FAQ and the message board.  There is currently
a thread going on about system components.  you can easily do a search
of the mailing list using google search with "site:snowman.net" in the
search string excluding """'s of course.

jason