[mythtv] New user

Christian Morant mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 20:48:14 +0000

On Thursday 21 November 2002 04:10, Steve Meyer wrote:
> You guys have all read this article right?
>
> http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/01q3/010917/index.html
>
> There is a cool video also.

Please let's not start a religious war about processors.
For your info, rackspace (One of the biggest PC renting farm on the net) uses
only AMD and they never burned a processor.
And there are other farms using P3/P4 that work fine.

Isaac tell us that a 100$ prcessor from AMD is fine, I think I remember that a
P4 2000 is OK.

What might be interesting to know is what EXCATLY impacts overall speed ?

Disk IO speed/ RAM bandwith / Amount of ram / PCI tuning / ...

I have a nForce system with 2x256 MB 233Mhz DDR, A 7200 RPM HD and don't get
close to Isaac's results... Maybe it's the PCI tuning, or RAM latency
settings...

Regards,

Christian