[mythtv] New user

Allen T. Gilliland IV mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 18:50:57 -0800 (PST)

To be honest ... I would recommend a p4 if you are
going from scratch.  I have an athalon 1200 and
heating is a serious problem.  My p4 2400 never breaks
45C, and i don't think there is that big of a price
difference if you adjust the amd chips to their
respective pentium competitors.  I believe an athalon
1800 would net you around an p4 1600 or 1700.  In my
opinion, get something good that can do great
resolution with as little problems as possible.  From
what I gather from other ppls experiences, this will
take a 2000+ machine.

My experience is that p4 2400Mhz machine will get you
what you want.  You could probably get away with
something a little less though.

Anyway ... my opinion.