[mythtv] WinTV and Cable/Digital Cable

Jeremy Oddo mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:47:46 -0800 (PST)

I tried it in xawtv and got the same thing.  I live in America so I tried
us-broadcast and us-cable (NTSC).  The cable port is "Television", right?
I have four inputs under xawtv:  Television, Composite1, S-Video, and
Composite3.  Television gives me colorful snow, Composite1 gives me a blue
screen, S-Video gives me a B/W picture, and Composite3 gives me a color
picture.  I'm guessing that, in order to use the cable tuner, I have to
have my cable coax going to the coax-in of the WinTV card.